The MD50 Mist & Drip Irrigation Watering Kit with four adjustable drip emitters on 6” stakes and two foggers with 6” stakes can be used to water pots and baskets near a patio, pool areas or plants that are not covered by the sprinkler zone. The kit uses a riser adapter with a 1/4” barb that's mounted under the sprinkler or sprayer head to allow 1/4” micro tubing to be extended to the plants, pots or containers within the area of the sprinkler zone. The adjustable drip emitters in the kit can be used for small or large pots, baskets or any type of plant close to the sprinkler head without affecting the sprinkler zone uniformity.
DIG offers the following suggested installation steps. There are other ways to install this kit.
Start the kit from a 1/2” sprinkler riser
The basic installation recommendation for this type of kit is first to review the area or section you wish to irrigate and then to make a drawing of the section with your preferred layout. Keep a record of this information for future expansion or scheduled maintenance.
1. First remove the sprinkler or pop up spray head from the 1/2” riser.
2. Thread the riser adapter into the 1/2” riser and thread back the sprinkler or pop-up spray head.
3. Attach the 50’ of 1/4" micro tubing to the 1/4” barbed elbow by forcing the micro tubing over the barb.
4. If the kit is used with hanging baskets and the plants need fine watering, use the foggers. Near the plant area, cut the 1/4" micro tubing and insert a 1/4" barbed tee into the micro tubing (model H82A or H82B). To the tee, add an additional length of 1/4" micro tubing and extend the micro tubing to the hanging baskets.
5. If used with a large box or for shrubs, near the plant area, cut the 1/4" micro tubing and insert a 1/4" barbed tee (model H82A or H82B). To the tee, add an additional length of 1/4" micro tubing and extend the micro tubing to the box or under the shrub area.
6. Turn the sprinkler zone on and flush the line for 15 to 20 seconds and then turn the water off.
7. Inside the hanging basket, connect the fogger into the micro tubing and secure it with the included stake (model P35B).
8. For the shrubs or the large boxes, connect the adjustable drip emitter on a stake to the micro tubing and place it under the plant canopy, at the center between the plant trunk and the plant canopy edge.
9. Turn the sprinkler zone on again and test the system. Make a final adjustment to the location and adjust the flow as needed.
Note: To expand the kit we highly recommend continuing with the same model drip emitters. Review the instruction manual included with the kit for complete details.
Review the instruction manual included with the kit for complete details.
Please let us know if these instructions were helpful to you by liking it or providing feedback below.