DIG's model GD50 PC Dripline Kit contains all the parts needed to retrofit a 1/2" sprinkler riser into a drip irrigation system covering up to 150 sq ft of planted area. The kit can be extended to a maximum of 600' with additional PC dripline with the same spacing and flow rate. DIG's model GD50 PC Dripline Kit can be used to apply water directly to the root zone area of the plant, reducing water waste from evaporation and run off, pest problems and weed growth. The kit contains pressure compensating, self-cleaning drippers for even uniformity from each dripper along the line between 10 to 45 PSI ensuring a constant flow rate regardless of any elevation along the line. The PC dripline can be used to irrigate individual plants or closely spaced groups of plants within the layout. This kit can also be connected to a garden hose and contains all the parts required to install a complete system. DIG's model GD50 PC Dripline Kit can be installed as a stand-alone system starting from a 1/2" sprinkler riser or standard outdoor faucet. The kit can be used to water trees, shrubs, vines, roses, flowerbeds, groundcover and narrow planting areas. It can also be installed next to foundations to prevent slab damage. Follow the steps suggested below to install an efficient drip irrigation system.
If retrofitting a sprinkler section to drip, remove the sprinklers and cap off all sprinkler risers not being used.
Thread the 1/2" conversion elbow adapter into the riser and then connect the pressure regulator and swivel adapter.
Connect the dripline to the swivel adapter by forcing the end of the dripline into the adapter's compression side while moving it from side to side, and then lay out the dripline along the plant area.
Secure the dripline to the ground by installing the dripline holder stakes every 6 to 12 feet.
Secure the end of the dripline into the hose end by forcing the end of the dripline into the hose end compression side while moving it from side to side. Remove the 3/4" cap, turn the water on and flush the line thoroughly. Turn the water off and close the end cap.
Open the system valve, pressurize the line, and check the system to identify leaks at all connections.
Detailed Installation Steps:
Assess the areas to be watered. While large areas such as lawns are best watered by pop-up sprinklers, other areas, such as shrubs, trees, roses, groundcovers, individual plants or narrow odd shaped areas, can be irrigated more efficiently by using the PC dripline.
- Remove all sprinkler heads from the 1/2" risers and cap all sprinkler risers not being used.
- Turn the water on momentarily, and flush out the sprinkler riser used. Next thread the 1/2" conversion elbow adapter on to the riser and then connect the pressure regulator and swivel adapter.
*Note: The PC dripline can also be connected into a faucet by attaching the swivel adapter into the pressure regulator and threading the pressure regulator into the faucet.
- Connect the PC dripline into the swivel adapter by forcing the end of the dripline into the adapter compression side while moving it from side to side and secure the PC dripline to the ground by installing the PC dripline holder stakes every 6 to 12 feet.
- Turn the water on and flush the line thoroughly. Turn the water off and close the end of the line with the hose end connector.
- Pressure tests the system to identify leaks in all connections.
- Open the system valve and make sure that the PC dripline provides the coverage desired, and if necessary, move the PC dripline closer to the plants.
Open the system valve for 45 minutes to 1 hour every two to three days, depending on your location, weather and soil type. Faster draining, lighter soils will need to be irrigated more frequently than heavy soils with high clay content. After a week or two, check the soil and the health of the plants, and adjust the watering schedule as needed. If you have an irrigation controller and additional time is required, adjust the irrigation controller program with longer watering duration and/or additional start times.
Please let us know if these instructions were helpful to you by liking it or providing feedback below.