This Two-Dial Hose-End Timer has a heavy duty 3/4" female hose thread inlet and a 3/4" male hose thread outlet so it can be attached to a garden hose or faucet/spigot. Our suggestion is to install the timer above ground to any male hose thread connection.
The timer uses two dials and one button to program; the left dial is used to set the run time, the right dial is used to select the watering frequency and the enter button is used to accept the program and start time.
This hose-end timer requires one 9-volt battery (alkaline battery recommended).
1. To install the battery, remove the timer’s clear cover, then lift and remove the battery compartment cover, below the unit’s two dials.
2. Connect a new 9-volt battery. The polarity is marked for direction.
3. Insert the battery compartment in its proper place, and press on the battery cover to seat correctly.
NOTE: When changing a battery, the timer will hold programming for up to one minute.
Review instruction manual included with the unit for details.
Installation into a faucet
- Make sure the filter (washer) is in place, then screw the timer to the faucet by attaching the side with the female swivel hose thread connector to the faucet or hose end, and turn it clockwise (hand tighten only).
- Turn the faucet on. The hose end timer will open momentarily and then will shut off.
- If the hose-end timer is installed with a drip irrigation system, make sure to add a 150 or higher mesh screen filter to protect the drip system, then add a 25 or 30 PSI pressure regulator to lower the pressure to the drip system, following with a swivel adapter to the drip tubing.
- Test the timer using the manual feature by turning the left dial to select the desired time duration. Then turn the right dial to select MAN and press ENTER to start. The timer will turn on for the time selected and will shut off automatically.
a) Turn the left dial to select Run Time.
b) Turn the right dial to select Interval.
c) Push the enter button; the red lead light will appear solid for 10 seconds confirming the program selection.
Watering will start in 24 hours after Interval is selected
Note: The red led light indicates timer status:
• Solid lighting: confirms program and allows start time change.
• Flashing for 30 seconds: program is running correctly
• Flashing for one second: replace battery
Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details.
Please let us know if these instructions were helpful to you by liking it or providing feedback below.